Thursday, September 8, 2011

So much for that plan...

So things haven't gone exactly as planned. But of course "The best laid plans of mice and men..." The wonderous Port Authority in their infinite stupidity didn't resume the hoped bus route so I could take this job. I would have to either walk a half mile one way down hill to get there and back up hill (a pretty steep one to boot) and that isn't happening, let alone in the winter when the sides of the street have snow plowed up on them. The owner is convinced it will all work out if I just take that bus and they will pick me up and take me back every day. I don't like that one bit. I would feel beholden to them and their schedule. I have to remain self sufficent.

Is that really so hard to understand. I understand she needs help and is trying to help me. But I feel like if it goes awry I will end up losing the other job I have. And I have put in far too much time into doing the training for that job. It would feel like a complete waste of time and energy on both my and the employers part. Plus it would look ridiculous on a job application.

In the end I feel like I need to be looking out for myself first. Not anyone else, but no one seems to understand that. There are too many variables of the unknown that I don't like. Other than that, I don't know what else to do. Perhaps I am doing the wrong thing. But right now I feel like it is the right thing for me.

My mind keeps going over it again and again giving me the most wonderous headaches. So I have tried to immerse myself in doing other things. Like my projects for Etsy. I still have only made 2 sales, but I hope that someone will buy something soon. I have gotten likes on things, but no bites yet. I hope maybe people buy for Christmas or Hannukah maybe. I have found a new craft to do too. Tatting lace. Different from crocheted lace in that it's individual knots. I am enjoying making it as I feel like my hands are idle too much lately.

Here is a sample of my latest item to make and posted on Etsy:



Have a good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment