Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Losing What I Can

It's been 2 weeks since I started Weight Watchers and I have lost 5 lbs! Yay me! I am kind of excited because it's not as hard as I thought it might be. I think some might call it tedious checking points for EVERYTHING you eat, but the point is to MAKE you look at what your eating and think about what you're putting in your body.

Last night we went grocery shopping because, that's what people do when they run low on food in their houses. :) But seriously, the only reason I am every hesitant to buy produce, which I love, is because it's so freakin' expensive. While normally we try to keep our grocery bills to around $30-$50 each trip. We stocked up on fruits and veggies we needed to keep this new lifestyle going (yes, I am going to call it a lifestyle, NOT a diet) and all the other items we needed and when we checked out, I think I had heart palpitations for a minute there. Over $100 were spent.

It sucks living in an area where we don't have close access to grown products. I guess I was spoiled living in Texas that most produce was grown in the area, or a relatively short distance away. Of course the ridiculous cost of gasoline these days doesn't help anything when staples have to be trucked in. But what are you going to do.

One of the things I tried new on the recommendation of a friend and my mom was Greek yogurt. I tried the Dannon Oikos Vanilla and it wasn't bad. A little more tart than your average grocery store yogurt, and a little gritty to me, but all in all, palatable. I will try a couple other brands and decide which I like best. Plus strawberries were on sale, and they are soooo good. Yes I have a strawberry obsession. If I wanted to I could eat a pound at a time. Of course I would have a terrible stomach ache at the end.

I think that is part of my problem. I eat because it tastes good. Not to feel full, or to sate any feelings. When I feel low or depressed, I tend to NOT eat, it's weird. But I love tasting food. Sweets and salty. Thought I am partial to salty. Nuts, chips, crackers, cheese. I will salt just about anything, watermelon especially, brings out the sweetness of the fruit. My main downfall is ice cream. Turkey Hill Ice Cream is the best I can find around here in store bought. If I am get ice cream from a local shop, it's either The Milk Shake Factory in South Side or Klavon's in the Strip District.

Ok. ENOUGH about ice cream. Just makes me want some.

Well I am hoping I will keep up with this better than my gym life ever did. So far so good, but like I said, it's only the start of week 3.

Wish me luck.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment